- Debate and voting on motions submitted by branches and local associations, which will be used to advise the NEC about the views of our members on casual contracts, including fixed-term, hourly paid and agency members.
- Hear & discuss reports on the work of UCU on issues related to staff on casualised contracts.
- Useful (practical!) workshops for everyone whether a new or seasoned member/activist – this year:
- Workshop 1 – Equality and Casualisation
- Workshop 2 – Building Networks
- Workshop 3 – Supporting negotiations against casualisation
- Plenty of opportunities to network and share solidarity with colleagues (aka make friends and support each other in true union style!)
Friday 28th February, 2014, 10.30am – 4.30 pm, lunch & refreshments included.
Registration Deadline = 19 February 2014
UCU HQ, Carlow Street (London)
Travel is reimbursed as per UCU guidelines, and if you’re coming a long way you may be able to request overnight accommodation.If you think you might struggle to cover the cost of travel upfront, UCU can buy your tickets on your behalf (get in touch to discuss).
Each branch/local association may send two voting representatives to the annual meeting. Branch/local association representatives must have been approved either by a quorate branch meeting, quorate branch committee meeting or by a properly constituted meeting of members on casual contracts.You might also be thinking about standing for election to the Anti Casualisation Committee.
If you would like to register please get in touch with your branch/LA committee asap! The registration form must be completed by Branch Secretaries / LA Presidents or other officers of the Branch/LA on behalf of members wishing to attend the conference.